Information for students
( 3 Articles )
Some adverts are now CLOSED and are purely for people to get an idea about the scope and collaborators on the programme.
Please note that not all places are advertised because sponsoring companies often have their own advertising processes for places.
( 2 Articles )
Before submitting your application it is essential you understand the terms of eligibility for funding.
- FAQs & Next Steps ( 2 Articles )
Most places on the EngD VEIV programme are funded through EPSRC awards, and most are in collaboration with an industrial sponsor. In the main, applicants must be UK nationals, or EU citizens with either Migrant Worker status at the time of their application, or three years' residency in the UK. For further information about funding and sponsorship, refer to the page on EngD Modes and Costs.Read more
Updated: January 2013Read more
These adverts listed in this section are all now closed and are listed to reference the scope of the EngD programme.
Please note that not all places are advertised because sponsoring companies often have their own advertising processes for places.Read more
- If you haven't already done so, please Register with the EngD VEIV to get updates on upcoming events, open days and current vacancies.
- If you are already working with a company and want to find out about secondment opportunties, contact the centre director.
- Look through the web pages of the related groups to find areas you are interested in. Potentially contact supervisors.
- If your interests don't match current opportunities, it is possible to recruit new companies as sponsors.
Frequently asked questions
I'm not a UK citizen, can I still apply for a funded EngD?
-90% of our funded places are available only to UK citizens, or EU residents who have been living in the UK for the past three years. Applicants who are not British citizens but have indefinite right to remain in the UK may be eligibile for EPSRC funding, pending the status of residency. Please refer to the EPSRC webpage.
From 2011, the VEIV CDT may offer one funded place per year to an overseas candidate. Propectie international applicants must contact the EngD Centre Manager Dr Jamie O'Brien prior to submitting a formal application.
How do I apply for the EngD VEIV?
-Please see materials for students and supervisorsRead more